Sunday, May 29, 2011

Going once....going twice, gone!

Going once....going twice, gone!
That is about how it felt over the last fourteen days as Sydnie lost BOTH of her two front teeth! (It seems like they have been loose forever!) What is it about kids getting those big, grown-up teeth--right there in the front? I feel like it is one of the last official steps of sucking the "baby" out of my baby. She is already looking like such a big, grown-up little thing (not to mention she already is as tall as my chest!)

Sydnie is, of course, thrilled. Most of her other friends have already sent those beautiful, baby front teeth off to the Tooth Fairy. Tonight, Sydnie eagerly awaits the arrival of her friend, the Tooth Fairy, to bestow her with gifts in exchange for that last glorious symbol of being a "little" girl...my little girl. Hopefully that Tooth Fairy takes an extra moment as she conducts the delicate exchange to put her aching heart aside and place a fairy dust wish upon the head of that precious girl as she takes that precious tooth.
She is one fantastic and incredible girl!
May she continue to grow in beauty and grace...and may her two front teeth also do the same, please? ;)

4 comments:

Karina Arshad, Kaza Design, LLC. said...

what a sweet girl! I know exactly how you feel : )

Terra said...

All I want for Chistmas...LOVE all the posts so I could catch up on your adorable fam. You are an amazing mom and your family is so lucky to have you! I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by and how quickly our little ones are growing. Didn't we just get back from Brasil?!? Love you. Miss you.

The Hickman Family said...

Gosh, I can't believe how big Syd is getting. The older Sydnie gets the older I feel because Jared and I got married one month after she was born. She looks so cute with a little window in her mouth =)

me said...

We sure miss you guys!!! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing! They are all so sweet! I hope we will get to see you all sometime soon!!!!!!!!!

MISS YOU!!!!!