Monday, March 26, 2012

Color's Wonder!

So, as I was frantically pacing from one end of my kitchen to the other in attempts to finish a wedding cake on Saturday (see next post), my great friends Kristin (Aller, for you Kansas folk--yes, a small world!) and Julie called wanting to whisk Sydnie away with their cute daughters for a day of color at the "Festival of Colors" held every year at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork. Every year we see the Festival participants walking away looking like this-through the streets of Spanish Fork after participating in the festivities. Don and I were both hesitant to send Syd into the chaos, but the chaos of butter cream icing and cute friends won out and off she ran! I just had to share the pictures of her and those wonderful, colorful friends of hers. She had such an amazing time!

Now that the crazy from the weekend has passed, I sat looking at these pictures feeling very













grateful for COLOR in such a wonderful world! The "Festival of Colors" celebrates the passing of winter and the emerging joy of spring. I stopped to look out into my yard and savor the bright yellow of my resilient daffodils (they have weathered two snow storms!) and the sweet accents of my hyacinths and crocus popping their heads out of the ground. I breathed in the sweetness of the end of my beautiful apricot blossoms and it filled me with the wonder and warmth that only the colors of spring can bring! Within weeks my yard will be filled with the beautiful gifts of the season in the form of colors, tulips, green grass and birds chirping. We are so ready!
Bring on the Spring!

No comments: