Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lots, and lots of love!

We had a very Happy Valentine's Day in our Hickman Haven. The kids had a great time preparing Valentines for family and friends. We celebrated the morning with fun Valentine gifts, new "red" heart filled outfits, treats, stuffed animals puppies, flowers, heart shaped pancakes, etc, etc. Later that day, the boys and I surprised Sydnie in the lunchroom by setting up a Valentine lunch on one of the tables. We set out a red tablecloth, heart plates and Happy Meals all around with heart shaped cakes to share with all of her friends for dessert. She walked in and was so excited to see us waiting for her! And, I was amazed how many first graders we actually fit onto that one lunch table ;)
I got a chance to relax with my sweetheart and enjoy an amazing lunch out that afternoon, and we returned home to celebrate with the kiddos and heart-shaped pizza, "love juice" and more calories to top off the day.

One of my favorite parts of the day was when I was sending a few emails and Sydnie came in with her Hello Kitty lotion and told me she had noticed at church that my heels were very dry....and so her Valentine present to me was a foot massage with lotion. My favorite! We all giggled as Chase walked around with his new puppy hugging it, kissing it and saying over and over, "wuv you..." Kade was his sweet and sneaky self and left a beautiful colored heart Valentine under my pillow that he had made. Oh, how grateful I am for all of the love...and many blessings we have as an eternal family. So, from our love to yours....hope your day was heart....and love filled....
lots and lots of love from the Hickmans!

6 comments:

The Hickman Family said...

Yay, I love to see posts again! Your Valentine's Day sounded like it was a lot of fun. You're such a good mom!

The Hickman Family said...

P.S. I can't believe how big Chase is! Kade better treat him right or Chase might just take him out!

provobaileys said...

You are back. I know you live next door but sometimes it is good to see all the fun things that you do, that I don't know about. Thanks for the heart shaped pizza.

Meg said...

Glad your'e back- I missed you guys and those cute kids!!!

Jeff and Mallory said...

Yay! I miss you guys! Your kids are so big, I can't believe it! I hope you are all doing well!

Trisha said...

I am WAY behind on my blog-stalking and have loved catching up on what has been going on with the Hickmans. We should get together sometime for lunch, or dinner or something. I would love to see you.